The main goals of developing an electronic archive system are:
- Creation of a single database (repository) of documents with corporate content and developing ways of adding, modifying and managing the information it contains;
- Development of a rational system of forming, preserving and making full use of documents and the protection of information resources of the Client;
- Increased efficiency and reduced labour costs associated with referencing and information work, attribution and categorization of documents that are submitted as a result of direct work or retrospective conversion of paper archives;
- Provision of access to archive information resources for registered users of the system;
- Presenting documents of the electronic archive in various formats;
- Interaction with other information systems and technologies.
EMC Documentum, JAVA