The Customs Finance Management and Accounting Information System (FMS), developed on the basis of SAP ERP, was implemented and has been developed since 2007. This is one of the first information systems in the Lithuanian public sector where the requirements of the IFRS were implemented and the accounting of the public sector was carried out on the principle of accumulation. FMS has standardized public sector financial management and accounting functionalities: Budget Accounting (FM), Financial Accounting (FI), Inventory Accounting (MM-IM), Purchase Accounting (MM-PUR), Sales Accounting (SD), Fixed Assets Accounting (AA), Accounting for Accounting (CO), Payroll and Time Accounting IS “Lemming”, SEPA Payment Functionality.
At the same time, FMS has several unique solutions implemented, taking into account the specialized needs of the Lithuanian Customs:
- Specialized accounting module for seized and confiscated goods;
- An automated secondary record where credit and debit transactions are automatically generated not only in the accounting registers on an accrual basis but also in the budgetary accounting records where the accounts are kept on a cash basis. This peculiarity of public sector accounting is specific to the Lithuanian public sector and, to our knowledge, no other accounting system has an automated secondary record;
- Detailed integration with Public Sector Accounting and Reporting Consolidation Information System (PSARCIS). Integration avoids time-consuming manual transfer of data from FMS to PSARCIS;
- Detailed integration with salary accounting system Lemming used by customs;
- Detailed integration with the State Budget Accounting and Payments Information System;
FMS is an integral part of the Customs Information System, integrated with the Customs Internal Communication information system NOVIS.